Wednesday 8 June 2011

Holidays!






These last few days, I went to visit my country. I had my grandmother's birthday (95 years...we can never miss!) and I missed the sun, the people, the food...! Also, Sunday was election day and I had the ability to vote in such a critical time for my country.

The return is always good, although one feels some anxiety about what has changed during the absence. I was happy to know that my family is bigger than ever, some of my little cousins I couldn't even recognize! I also gathered my friends for a night out in Porto, with dinner in a typical northern restaurant - of course "bacalhau" couldn't be missing! - and the rally around the several bars and clubs in "Baixa". Oh, how my ears were delighted with good music!... Even though I need to confess: I was missing the agitation of London! Maybe I'm getting a new addiction - being a Londoner!

Here are some photos of my time spent in Portugal!










No comments: