Wednesday 17 August 2011

Karaoke Box Day!!

For my faithful followers of the blog this must be a glorious day, since I haven't write anything for quite a long time...

Well, this week I'm almost on holidays, there is not much work in the Hotel, so they left me with a lot of days off. Great for exploring new activities! I found an event posted by a group that I joined some weeks ago, the London Language Exchange Social, which you can find on Facebook (llanguageexchange@groups.facebook.com). First time in my life I sang in front of a group of people I didn't know! Yes, it was Karaoke's night. The venue was in a quite strange and underground-like bar in Soho called "Karaoke Box". For one hour a group of ten we paid £6/p. Not bad...The only if is that you have to consume (I wouldn't go for any food prepared in those premises...) but if you go for a soft drink, it's ok.

I also invited some brave friends that decided to loose the fear of singing (or pretending to sing) in public and they loved the experience. At least it was a good night laughing :P We met really good singers, that probably do this for quite a long time, and it was an opportunity to share experiences of living abroad and mutual interests. If we would do it again? Would you? I would definitely yes!






No comments: