Saturday 10 September 2011

Fela Kuti with Boss Toina

The other day I invited my DHL boss and friend Anthonia Okonmah to watch the Fela Kuti Show. He is a national hero from Nigeria who despite beeing very wealthy fought for the poor and she is Nigerian that lived very close to the Shrine, the place where everything happened. He is a martyr because even tough he officially died of AIDS everyone thinks it was the regime that silenced him.
Anthonia is called by her friends Tonia, but I prefer to call her Toina because it sounds very interesting in Portuguese. She asked me to translate because I always laugh when I call her this, so I call her Foolish! :D
It was a lovely evening we spent with her and her husband Patrick, we learned a lot about Nigerian culture.
Here you have some links to Fela history and some pictures of the event.





1 comment:

SmartinS said...

Deve ter sido um show MUITO BOM meus amigos!!!! Eu adoro também Femi Kuti (the son), muito power e muito ritmo! Fiquei cheiinha de inveja boa! ;) Mil beijos para os dois**