Sunday 9 October 2011

Bicycle by Night

Last night I was finishing work at 4am and when reaching the bus station the damn bus was just passing by. 30 minutes at least for the next one!!!!

But right in front of the bus station was the fantastic Barclays Bike station. (website)

In Central London there are hundreds of bicycle stations (with 100 bikes each) that you can use taking from one station to another and if less than 30 minutes is totally free.

So there I went, trying to reach the 30 minutes mark in a 40 mins trip by bus.

Despite starting to rain, being lost 3 or 4 times, and going in the wrong direction it was a very entertaining event. The 90 minutes I took told me it was definitively a one off, but enjoying London by bicycle in the early hours of the day is priceless.

After being lost, seeing London Eye told me I was finally right

The highest light tower? Shard, my target!!!!

Thank you Barclays!!!! 

No comments: