Sunday 15 May 2011

At last!

For the ones that don't remember, I'll refresh you memories. When we first came to the UK, our idea was to stay a maximum of 4 months, enough time to gather some money to start our Meet The World journey. So, we thought to work in the most quick and basic job: hospitality. This is a good option when you want to travel for a long period of time. Well, has everyone knows, not everything that is planned follows the plan, so it's been 6 months that we are in London.

Because of the short time stay, I never thought about working in my area, pharmacy. To be able to do it, I would have to be registered in the General Pharmaceutical Council, the equivalent to our Ordem dos Farmaceuticos. The process is quite long and expensive but still, I decided I would give a try. I sent all the paperwork and started looking for a job in community pharmacy. After my fourth CV delivered, I got a voluntary job in a pharmacy in Stockwell. I had the opportunity to learn how the English system works.

Finnaly, the begin of April, I got the confirmation of my registration! Because a full-time position is quite difficult to find in central London, I'm trying to work some hours in the pharmacy and in a 4 star hotel, as a waitress. Hard to manage but hoping to balance both sides soon. Everything is possible, we just need to believe we can!

No comments: