Sunday 16 January 2011

Finally some English Football!!!

Desperate to play some football last week I found that in our Clapham Common Park 200 mts from our house has not one... not two... but 12 football fields (11 a side) in the South part which we did not see before. (and also 10 tennis courts) So I asked around and there are two ways of playing.
One is creating a team and join the Amateur London League http://www.londonfootball.co.uk/ which is an amazing organization with professional referees, mid week matches and even a cup draw. For me this was difficult because I don't know enough people to assemble a team so the second option was perfect for me, it's called Flexifootball http://www.flexifootball.com/index.html . In this case we just login pay 7 pounds and we are included in a 11aside match every weekend. We can even play Saturday and Sunday matches.
So this weekend I played in a full English team (I was the foreign very expensive acquisition) against a team of Ecuadorian guys. It was a typical match between anglosaxonic and latin football. A very tight 4-4-2 tactic for us, and a loose 3-5-1 tactic where most of them were lost in a tactical perspective. 1-1 at half time but we won at the end 4-1 thanks to very good counter attacks.

I played left midfield which is a new position for me, and I definitely have to buy some leg pads because I was kicked several times. Like typical south Americans they have a very bad loosing attitude...

No comments: