Thursday 6 January 2011

Football rules anyone???

Today finally I got my football debut. I managed to play with some guys from Hospital who play 3 in 3 weeks (better than nothing) and we went on a 7 a side match. I was really excited because is one of the things I miss most from my older life in Portugal. It was a good match, the played well even though being English, but the rules were just amazing for grown ups. First the goals were 1 meter high, second there were no lines, just walls which means that the game never stopped, no corners no throw ins, just rebounds like in ice hockey, and third nobody (neither defenders or attackers) could go inside the goalkeeper area. I was shocked!!!!
Every time I entered in the goalkeeper area it was a fault. For god sake!!!!!!!

Next after the match we had another typical English behavior. Instead of going to eat a great beef in a restaurant because we were supposed starving, we went for some paints to the pub. So the energy drink was substituted by a nice paint of Carlsberg chatting all around football. Ohh this lads from London !!!

No comments: