Thursday 17 February 2011

Visits from Portugal...part II



In the last weekend of January we had the visit of my mum, aunt Sao and cousin Sandra. First, I went to Kings Cross to pick up my French family (they came via Eurostar) and it seems it was a lucky strike that they came to London! I'll explain: my aunt didn't took the correct documentation and when asked about her ID card, it had expired! But they smiled and the guy at the ticket office was pitty of them, so they managed to pass the French border. Uff! The worst part was when they arrived the English side... They weren't that nice but, in the end, they successfully "landed" their feet in Her Majesty's ground :) Though with one warning: never to travel again without correct documentation! It was quite a laugh when they told me their adventure!

Then, the next stop was to pick up the rest of the family: my mum! She was really concerned that we weren't waiting for her at the airport because she was traveling alone and she doesn't remember the last time she spoke English (Mami, say Maria Carrey!!!). So, there we were, waiting for her at Gatwick airport! All went well and she even got some hints about places to visit and cultural aspects from a guy that fancied my mother during the trip (so charming...!)

They spent the hole weekend visiting the most important monuments and places in London (some of them I haven't visited yet), such as the Big Ben, Tower of London, and of course the important department stores Harrods and the psico-fashion store Abercrombie. Women! :) Because I was working at the restaurant, I couldn't participate in their walk through London but the smiles on their faces were enough for me. And I got my mum's caresses! So good, I missed her so much! Now, I'm expecting the visit from the rest of the family (yes, dad, you need to loose your fear from flying...)! Siss, Bro, you need to come and experience the magical London with me!!!

Subtitles:
1st photo: Me, Joao and my Mum in Harrods, in front of Princess Diana's statue.
2nd photo: two "babes": my Mum on the left and my aunt. Look at their smile!

No comments: