Monday 22 November 2010

Jesus and a Bloody Mary please!!!! I lost my virginity!!!

Yes, I'm not a bartending virgin anymore. Yesterday I got the real freshman treatment (we call it praxe) for a bartender. It was very well done by the bar staff and I didn't have any idea what was going to happen, so when the moment come I was all alone. (all my colleagues dissipated)
It was a party of 40/50 English people, and suddenly I realized I was alone and they were coming to me with those thirsty crazy looks!!!! Give me Alcohol!!!!!!!
I did more drinks yesterday than in all my short bartending life, and did so many mistakes that I don't even remember, but it was a glorious night. After the initial cold feet I got confident and started entering the groove.  Mojitos were the night success!!
One thing that was amazing is that this guys don't care about the money, I realized that when I run out of coins and went to the boss to get more. He told me to forget the coins and start rounding up, (3.50 to 4 or 5 for example) and the thing is, that it worked. The same people that were buying for 3.50 were paying 4 or 5 and not even one single complain. Next time I'll try to charge tap water to see if it works...



P.S.- got 15 pounds of tips.(low amount) 3 nights per week like this is 230 euros free of taxes! Nice...

No comments: