Thursday 9 December 2010

Bartending and Waitering!!!!!

Even though I already have a day job (I won't call it normal because it always depends on the perspective! and mine has changed a lot!) I'm still enjoying a lot my hospitality experience! So today I'm showing were I work and what I do.
It is not a big Restaurant Bar, but is nice and cosy. It's called Brazil Point because the Portuguese owner (Jose Reis as my father) is married with a Brazilian. So we serve mainly Brazilian food, in other words rodizio.
The food is the cheapest the boss can find, with no flavour and sometimes recooked many times, but the English love it. It is so greasy that it shines in dark, but I see all these English tipping the staff as if they had the meal of their life.
The location is very good because Putney is across the street from Fulham and Chelsea which are top areas of London, and this is why we get so wealthy customers.
But we also have some Brazilian and South American customers that are on a very saving mood. One couple the other day wanted a Rodizio to share.... how smart!!! Imagine bringing all the family and ordering ONE rodizio until all the family was satisfied! Well it was veryyyy difficult to explain those guys they couldn't share the dish. But, that's the beauty of public attending isn't it? :D
The pictures are of the restaurant bar and me in action, bartending and waitering. The are a little blur because my boss (fat guy in the pic I'm serving the table) was mumbling a lot for taking those pictures. Well mumbling is his official sport... mine, is just having fun!!!



No comments: