Friday 31 December 2010

The sadest day of the year

The new year will start much better than this one finished!!! Not difficult!!!

Today I was making the deliveries in the oncology ward (xmas time means extra work) and I heard a nurse very worried because a new portuguese patient was there and she couldn't speak english!!
I was in the right place át the right time! (át least for her) so I acepted beeing the translator for the doctor!!
But what happened was that I had to give her allll the bad news... Now I know how doctors feel! There is no saddest thing To say To a person!
Át least I could tell the doctor she had a lot of pain and the painkiller she got will help her To enter the year more relaxed.
She has been living here for 20 years but doesn't speak a single english word!!! I don't know what has she been doing here all this time but I do know what she is going To be doing for the rest of her months....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone