Wednesday 22 December 2010

Christmas shopping! Hohoho!

One of the greatest things to do in London in Christmas time is to go shopping in the traditional street markets. So, yesterday, I went to the Old Spitalfields Market, in Commercial St., and was instantly affected by the consumer's fever. I was marvelled by the diversity and originality of the products sold: lots of vintage jewelry and clothing; old vinyl discs from the Beatles or the London Calling; hand made jewels from young artists (I also talked to one of them); and a stall where a woman had beautiful hand made hats in the 20's style. Loved it!

Not feeling completely satisfied, I also went to London's "Rua de Sta. Catarina", the ten times bigger Oxford St. :) But I chose the wrong time to do so... I felt like a sardine in a can, squeezed by a shopping eager crowd! At least, I was able to bye some presents.

Last but not least, I also made a quick visit to the german Market near London Eye, with it's wooden stalls and the smell of delicious food. They also have an ice rink! Good news: many of these markets are open the hole year, so it's always a good opportunity to visit while in London!

No comments: